K.S. Bhaskar on 24 Jan 2011 16:08:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] linux music hw/sw

Thanks, Daniel and Michael.

If he gets anywhere with this project, I'll post a follow up to the list.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com> wrote:
You may wish to have him try Ubuntu studio. It works great with the M-Audio card I mentioned, and has all kinds of music production goodies, plus the low latency realtime kernel. Just be aware there is no support for M-audio with Pulseaudio, you'll need to remove it and use alsa. "apt-get autoremove pulseaudio"

If you don't like alsa oss4 also works nicely. You might want to have him try hydrogen. It's a great open source drum machine/sequencer and it's lots of fun.Â