Stephen Slaughter on 28 May 2011 12:49:44 -0700

[PLUG] VPN

I'm in a Linux Noob and interested in securing my internet traffic with a VPN.

I tried to install OpenVPN, but, correct me if I'm wrong, it appears that I need to configure a separate physical server machine with the software, in addition to the client, which would be my Linux box in this case.

Is there any way to configure one machine as both server and client?

Is it possible to host a virtual machine as the OpenVPN server with Virtual box while running the client software on the same physical machine?

Do any of you know of an alternative VPN solution I can use which does not require hosting a server?

Thank you!
Stephen

--
"We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done.”
- Alan Turing