Casey Bralla on 21 Aug 2011 06:02:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Debian unstable locking up and corrupting filesystem

Of course, a memory error can cause all kinds of weird problems.  Running
memcheck may show something.

I've also seen this while running as a VM client and the system got hit with a
heavy load.  (This caused a SATA disk error.)

ITo get a new kernel, you must be running something other than "Stable".  If
you are running Sid, that may be the problem   Sid is not nearly as stable as
it used to be.  I've often completley hosed my system and been forced to
rebuild in a day or so after the instability washed out of the repositories.
I've learned not to run Sid on anything remotely mission crtical.

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation