Casey Bralla on 21 Aug 2011 06:03:40 -0700

[PLUG] Ctrl-Alt-Backspace (was Re: Debian unstable locking up and corrupting filesystem)

On Saturday 20 August 2011 7:17:12 PM Eric at Lucii.org wrote:
> Have you tried ctr-atl-backspace?
>
> That will kill off the X server IF the keyboard is responding.
> Alan's suggestion of ssh-ing to the system is good too.  These help to
> identify if the problem is just the X server and/or video or if it's deeper
> than that.

That never works for me anymore.  I think it may have something to do with the
evdev driver that X uses now.   Does this still work for you?

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation