Matt Mossholder on 7 Sep 2011 04:40:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MythTV & HDHomeRun & Comcast Digital for Pottstown/Collegeville

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:40 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

It has been forever since I used SCTE65 scan. In the end, I don't think I
actually ended up needing it. In the end you still need to visit every
channel and confirm it, which is why the Channel Editor in Live TV mode
works best for me.

OK, but how do I visit a channel that isn't there? ÂThe default scan didn't find a lot of that that's there (e.g., the TV sees it) and it did find of lot of stuff that isn't there. ÂThe SCTE65 scan was at least closer...

Well, you could try running the SCTE65 scan, and then doing a rescan to pick up the stuff that the SCTE65 scan isn't seeing. ÂKeep in mind, there really aren't that many channels that you are going to receive... on my system connected to the Pottstown Headend, I have exactly 24 channels defined, and I bet at least a few of those are dead, and there are a few Spanish language channels.

is required to rebroadcast the local stations. Â The stations like 12_3 and
12_7 are different program streams for a channel... basically, WHYY is now
broadcasting 3 different programming channels multiplexed into channel "12"
now, which isn't even really channel 12 anymore. ÂOne program stream might
be showing "This Old House" while another is showing "Sesame Street" and
another is showing "NOVA".

So how do I get scheduling info for the streams? ÂYou're going to say "you don't" aren't you?

Schedules Direct should have them, right alongside the other WHYY info. If I remember correctly, they are labeled as WHYYDT2 and WHYYDT3.Â

  Â--Matt