Julien Mills on 15 Sep 2011 07:44:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Script question

>> This does not work:
>>
>> $ cat cusmas.sql | sed 's/^\#.*$//g' | tr '\012;' ' \012' | isql rams -b
>>
>> It seems the -b causes the script to not work.
>> I want the -b there, it puts the isql in batch mode.  Does anyone know what the -b is doing?
>>

>This may be the dumbest question ever, but do you need the -b before "rams?"
>>sql -b rams

No, that's an intelligent question.
But, it doesn't work with the -b before or after on Ubuntu, when I run it I get a 'Segmentation fault'.
And it works both ways on Slackware.

Ah, thanks for sending the error output. That doesn't at all mean that your syntax is wrong. Try doing a "sudo dpkg-reconfigure packagename" and then rerun your command. (If you need to see which package your command is in, try "aptitude search commandname".)

I'm doing some testing right now, maybe something wrong with my ODBC setup.

Thanks for the help and the package commands, everyone.  I've figured out that I have an older package of unixODBC installed, I believe that is the issue and this is fixed with the latest version.

(I'm just getting used to the package management on Ubuntu.)