jeff on 13 Oct 2011 16:50:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Weird drive quantum states

On 10/13/2011 05:46 PM, Casey Bralla wrote:
USB drives are not as reliable as you might think. I've known people who
have had them "crash" and lost everything on them. It may be getting
flaky and about to fail.

these have misbehaved since new.
One is a recently opened 1.5g ext drive, which actually got eaten while connected via esata.

I'm thinking it's something else but I appreciate the input.
It's almost like they overheat or get overloaded. It never happens when idle - only in the middle of an xfer.

[electron grease!]

--
-----
the new home of ThermionicEmissions - the blog