Adam Zion on 14 Dec 2011 07:41:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dell xps 14z

> Why are you so eager to pay the Microsoft tax on your PC purchases?

FWIW, some people have no choice but to have some access to Windows to run some necessary program or another. For me, it's various stats and office packages for my MSIS program; it may be something similar for Sonny. So, for me, a dual boot configuration- Windows 7 + Fedora- works perfectly.

Incidentally, Sonny, what problems were you having installing linux on your Asus computer? My notebook is an Asus A53E, and it's had very few problems with linux, only with the wireless mobile device from Sprint. All I had to do was install one quick fix for power management, and this notebook works brilliantly in linux.

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910