Sonny To on 14 Dec 2011 09:45:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dell xps 14z

I don't dual-boot. I run windows within virtualbox mainly to watch
netflix... but these days I watch netflix on an Asus Transformer which
runs android so I'm pretty much windows free for personal use. For
work, I do need windows to run selenium tests on IE.

The Asus u46e just would freeze before even entering the install
program.  CentOS 6.1 however did install but once installed, it didn't
boot.  After some googling the acpi was the problem. Passing in
acpi=off in grub allowed it to boot but for some reason it would not
recognize eth0.