Art Alexion on 14 Dec 2011 15:14:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] observational: user hostility

Last year, I taught some very basic computer stuff at a local 2 year college.  CS102 was intro to MS Office software. I used to be pretty adept at Word. So there was another guy who taught PhotoShop, and he was weak in the Office stuff. We talked about teaching each other our respective skills.

What he fundamentally told me was that PhotoShop was a 'selection' program. Once you managed selection skills, you managed PhotoShop.

The stuff that I can do, like cropping and adjusting exposure are elementary skills; the real skills involved selection.

I assume that the GIMP is the same.