Art Alexion on 11 Feb 2012 12:41:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] distro recommendation for lan ntp server

The problem was the network. DHCP doesn't fully work in our room.  You get an IP address, and can connect internally. DNS works, but no default gateway.

I installed Ubuntu server and configured a static IP, and it works fine.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

On Feb 9, 2012 1:05 PM, "JP Vossen" <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:33:59 -0500
From: Art Alexion<art.alexion@gmail.com>

Debian sees the card until it is time to configure mirrors and then
claims none of them supports squeeze.

Odd.  I just downloaded http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.4/i386/iso-cd/debian-6.0.4-i386-netinst.iso, ran in text mode, took first mirror and at "Software Selection" unchecked all.  It Just Worked (in a VM).  I do vaguely recall having problems like that in the past, which Google solved, IIRC.

Good luck,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP            |:::======|      http://bashcookbook.com/
My Account, My Opinions     |=========|      http://www.jpsdomain.org/