Morgan Jones on 11 May 2012 10:13:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VPS Recommendation

I am not a database expert by any stretch but isn't there an optimization option that could make better use of system memory rather than depend on fast back-end storage?

In particular depending on how the data is accessed could you cache, say, in 2-3gb of RAM and those use a 4gb VPS or similar?  That may still not be reasonably priced with Linode but at least it's a less specialized hosting service and you could shop it around a little more.

-morgan