Morgan Jones on 23 May 2012 09:50:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendation?

I've had great success with Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N
with DD-WRT.  It's only 2.4ghz N and 100mb ethernet though.

For gigabit ethernet and 5ghz look at Buffalo WZR-HP-G300N

As Jeff has already mentioned the wrt54gl is without compare though getting a little long in the tooth and a lot of money for a 100mb, b/g only router.  The Buffalos above easily out perform it in wireless (both) and wired (WZR).

If you do any wireless file sharing or streaming from a home NAS the wrt54gl will probably be to slow.  It is for me anyway.

I'm biding my time to see what happens with gigabit wireless before buying any more access points myself.

-morgan