Rich Freeman on 23 May 2012 10:17:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendation?

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Morgan Jones <morgan@morganjones.org> wrote:

> For gigabit ethernet and 5ghz look at Buffalo WZR-HP-G300N

Hmm, a bit pricey at $60, but maybe a good investment.  The featureset
is exactly what I want at least, and it is already running DDWRT.
Nice.

I might just go with it.  Right now I have a messy setup:
1.  54GL just running as a wireless AP.
2.  FIOS router just running as a router/NAT.
3.  Linux server running DHCP/DNS.

I could potentially try to merge that stuff down a bit.  The house
will be more useful with the server down (only half of the house won't
work), and one less box on the desk.  However, I'd need to get FIOS to
switch on my ethernet port on the ONT and run a cable, or bridge the
FIOS router (which from my reading is a real pain).

Rich