Rich Freeman on 23 May 2012 13:08:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wireless router recommendation?

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Carl Johnson
<cjohnson19791979@gmail.com> wrote:
> double-bridging the fios router is a big pain. bear in mind though,
> (in addition to running your own ethernet cable) if you're going to
> get your ONT provisioned for ethernet, you'll still need to
> re-configure the actiontec as a MoCA bridge if you have tv service
> through them. that can also be a pain if you aren't familiar with the
> process.

My understanding is that the MoCA bridge is only needed for guide data
and on-demand, right?  The boxes can still tune to a channel and the
QAM signal is still there without it, right?

I'm using MythTV, and no human ever looks at the output of those boxes
except when something is going wrong and I'm messing with them.  Even
then I'm usually staring at the video out on my computer screen.  :)

Rich