Art Alexion on 9 Jul 2012 08:29:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Registrar recommendations

On Jul 9, 2012, at 10:41 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:

On 07/09/2012 10:36 AM, Claude M. Schrader wrote:
I switched to namecheap from godaddy when godaddy came out in support of
SOPA, and namecheap had the switch from godaddy promotion. It's only been
a few months, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Namecheap advertises prominently in a podcast I download.  They use the most hideous reverb/delay I have ever heard.

Draw your own conclusions

I've used network solutions for myself. GoDaddy was used a lot at work. I tried using GoDaddy once and couldn't abide the advertising and negative options.

NS charges me $15/domain/year, mainly because I called and asked them to. Whenever I call, I get a helpful person from northeastern PA.

in contrast, we had nightmares trying to host our mail accounts that had been hosted by GoDaddy. We had to change registrars to make it happen. At first, they agreed to change DNS multiple times, but didn't.  Finally, they refused.

I know I can get it cheaper than NS, but not better service.

--
Art Alexion