JP Vossen on 9 Jul 2012 19:32:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MOSH - MIT's Interactive Remote Shell for mobile clients ( ssh replacement )

[PLUG] MOSH - MIT's Interactive Remote Shell for mobile clients ( ssh replacement )

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 03:07:39 +0100 (BST)
From: "Lee H. Marzke"<lee@marzke.net>

FYI,

http://mosh.mit.edu/
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/070612-usenix-mosh-260708.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsIxNYl0oyU

Yeah, that is looking really cool!!! Except...it requires a whole bunch of high UDP ports to be opened up in the firewall! :-(((

Otherwise I'd already be using it.

http://mosh.mit.edu/
	Q: Does mosh work with Amazon EC2?
Yes, it works great, but please remember to open up UDP ports 60000–61000 on the EC2 firewall.

There is something about "Selecting SSH port" which I have yet to look into. If that worked I'd love it, but the entire rest of the page can't stop talking about all the UDP goodness, so I'm pretty sure that's only for the initial SSH connection (for auth) to a non-standard SSH port.

Also:
	http://www.linuxscrew.com/2012/04/11/why-mosh-is-better-than-ssh/
		No IPv6 (who cares) <ducks>

Later,