Rich Freeman on 9 Jul 2012 20:40:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MOSH - MIT's Interactive Remote Shell for mobile clients ( ssh replacement )

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> Yeah, that is looking really cool!!!  Except...it requires a whole bunch of
> high UDP ports to be opened up in the firewall! :-(((

Yeah, that was my initial reaction.  I've had nothing but pain anytime
I tried to use a UDP protocol in combination with NAT, let alone
proxies.

Another complication is that this seems to be a "mobile" shell
solution that doesn't have clients for any mobile operating systems...

That said, it would be nice if my ssh connections from my phone didn't
just die from time to time.  Screen helps, but it is still painful.

Rich