Rich Freeman on 9 Jul 2012 20:17:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Amazon MP3 Downloader

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> I'd say we should raise a stink about this, but Google showed me lots of
> people complaining about the problem and saying they had raised a stink and
> got nowhere. :-(  Boo Amazon...

I never got the point of fancy dedicated downloaders anyway.  It is a
DRM-free mp3, why not just have a regular link that uses a session
cookie for authentication or whatever?  Or better still make it a
one-time-use link that expires so that you don't even need to manage
the cookie to use wget/etc.

Maybe they should check their own AWS service catalog - I'm sure there
is something they can use in there.

This isn't half as bad as a Google-distributed software package
though.  I forget which one it was, but it basically bundled the
windows version with a copy of wine.  And you thought zlib was bad...

Rich