Adam Zion on 12 Jul 2012 06:59:18 -0700

[PLUG] SteadyState/DriveShield for Ubuntu?

OK, here's another oddball question.

I've done a little experiment @ work and replaced 2 shared Windows
machines w/Ubuntu 11.04 disguised using the XpGnome script (that's the
latest version of Ubuntu on which the script would run). What I'd like
to do is lock down this Ubuntu config so that any changes that a user
manages to make- which won't be much as things stand, since I've
removed virtually all privs from the Clubhouse account- are wiped on
the next reboot, the way Microsoft SteadyState and Centurion Drive
Shield do for Windows. I can't find a comparable product for Ubuntu.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, nobody's noticed the difference yet.

-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910