Rich Freeman on 24 Jul 2012 07:08:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DCAnet dropping DSL

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Malcolm
<mjhlists-plug-20080906@liminalflux.net> wrote:
> My "off site" backup is an encrypted usb drive that sits in my desk draw at
> work (if I lose both house and office, I've got bigger issues than my
> backup). It's amazing the bandwith of putting a 500Gb drive in your pocket.
> :-)

That used to be how I handled things, but it is hard to do daily
backups that way.

A stack of DVDs in an office drawer IS my solution for photos/etc that
consume a ton of space.  I do daily backups to the cloud until I
accumulate a DVD's worth of data, then I back it up to multiple DVDs
and exclude that chunk from online backups.  That gives me daily
backups, but also keeps the cloud repository to a very inexpensive
10-20GB.

Rich