Conor Schaefer on 29 Sep 2012 18:09:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Magnet links in linux?

Um, uncomment the second to last line. Sorry.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Conor Schaefer <conor.schaefer@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you sure the problem isn't just that your BT client doesn't support magnet URIs? I think that's more likely than the files just not downloading properly. Try setting this script as the default application to open magnet URIs:

#!/bin/bash
#script to convert magnet URIs to torrents
#from: http://wiki.rtorrent.org/MagnetUri

REMOTE_DIR='' #set location magnet file should be copied to
cd /tmp || exit #save magnet file locally to tmp, because it will be converted
[[ "$1" =~ xt=urn:btih:([^&/]+) ]] || exit
hashh=${BASH_REMATCH[1]}
ÂÂÂ filename=${BASH_REMATCH[1]}
else
ÂÂÂ filename=$hashh
fi
#echo "d10:magnet-uri${#1}:${1}e" > "meta-$filename.torrent" #print conversion for user
scp "meta-$filename.torrent" $REMOTE_DIR #move torrent file to remote watching directory;

Note that you'll have to fill in REMOTE_DIR. Although it doesn't have to be remote at all, just set it to wherever your watch folder is, otherwise just change the last line of the script to open your BT client with the new file that was created.