jeff on 27 Dec 2012 11:13:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] iDevices - partial solution

On 12/27/2012 01:39 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:

My love for my android tablet has grown immensely in the past few days.

Way better than the iPad in this (well, and every other) regard, but
Google hasn't really been thrilling me with their MTP love-fest.

Indeed.
I remember gmtp working once or twice.

PARTIAL ANSWER:
OPlayerHD Lite, free from App Store
Sets up http client you can access from local wifi, drag and drop to xfer from linux (or whatever). Will play OGG and many other formats. Does not tolerate docs or pics of any variety. Insists on its own file hierarchy.

There are several like this.

--
ThermionicEmissions - the blog
http://leftystrat.blogspot.com