Sam Gleske on 30 Jan 2013 13:26:48 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed?
- From: Sam Gleske <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed?
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:26:24 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=bp/16tn1ALlWac7IgR812uRRhh+xi9JUXTdvAC/1xpw=; b=wbZPZx60rXEPzs3tjMoN9+szaQ/5EL1lzKQvAw/qq4h5/Of+VO3Irci9bxVKfmxXvh bUlCqnlOkRWxlzD7LW+5/QBoZmZKm7eEdxzvsTNiqTXT8cduRGelEcp7HPmIZrw2ryPn ffrQciBExLgjSPCGFPVkVXT/UvMBR53b0aRP3QN+yHe72bRDTHrE44PtlXk4bZmRPRHP vTQeHZqJJHkfk3OUC7dpjwYjEDNVye2QXERfGVoh9izwNptM2qev+IOGRzegGlaV+TcP jKJnlxVlE+GWIaFmvITbVWIZ/g0BC5GDsqAwffTrJGV0AvrCMxYHbZOHR4CednsIZnNo +4ig==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Amir Tahvildaran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yeah. I was thinking we'd be able to get their email from the list but it's less than ideal at that point. Is it primitive of me to think people won't want to have their email addresses public?
Not primitive. But it'd be useful if we could keep it private. A simple voting system of +1 can be made with simple JS around the forms. A friend of mine uses JS to confirm registrations with an email using the form. Here's his source from another project which worked with a Google form.
As an example of how he used Google forms to email confirmations. Perhaps something can be set up to extract certain information and submit to a second form which omits that info and allows for voting on the items.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug