Paul Walker on 31 Jan 2013 08:48:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Low Cost Netbook

Looks like I got a line on something lenovo which got snafud trying to set up dual boot. I'm sure you'll being hearing more from me! My first inkling is to try Trinity Rescue Kit, which I've never used but heard glowing reviews of (from this community).

More to follow...

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I don't think a chromebook would do.  ARM is just not hefty enough
> for virtualization, and what you can do with chromeOS is limited.  I
> compiled and installed chromiumOS on a flash drive because I was curious,
> and was less than thrilled.

While I love ChromeOS, I don't think I'd recommend it as a development
platform.  Maybe if you dual-boot something else on it you could use
it for development (ideally for something that doesn't take ages to
compile), but I agree that virtualization is a bit much.

Rich