Doug Stewart on 13 Feb 2013 07:02:18 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Doug Stewart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] So... Gaming.
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:01:44 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=3Gkm0DnzUsAuZ+e3SVryTrbWw5G/jp2h8MRT+X/myjc=; b=UIYp2N18Y2qs7e45sc+rQOWvPsxlXh5v5VbTxO9xlAZVhOxpZOJHEnCxdO45E4Vmq5 I/QyzlplZ1JrBaggXjHFWfJHwyEs11+oXKui2XWDOeHO2kM1NdwZntTs8tFrJc9UN052 n8WC7ZiUjszQsj2Fm/Irrc413GhI4KgCBRRrjaO5qaPTZyErJ7digu7MydD6JxD57Rn3 FZNQb3ncLo18NIu4AhOyZ2a9O4CC9SRL45PF/7C5Em5BRMk7da6uROK6XXb7IFauSd4n 3O2NUD4WfYyLCtRk9kPyYIsUUys/orQt6bCB4kjaP6ZQTo/rOIt2YSTbtJJpeoimRnac hpSw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I wanted to get a quick sense from PLUG users what they're currently doing for PC gaming. I don't have dedicated access to a decent Windows PC for gaming use, though my MacBook Pro has Steam and many of the Mac ports of my Steam games on it. It's decent for those games which devs have seen fit to port over and there's always Crossover to try to shoehorn the port-less games in.
However, it's gotten to the point (particularly for first-person shooters) where it seems like I'd need a decently-equipped Windows PC in order to run them. What are folks doing to help stave this off?
PS: I've got a PS3 and a Wii, but I have a TON of back-catalog games grabbed off ridiculous Steam/Amazon sales that are just waiting for the right rig to come along and I really don't want to re-buy them for a console. Plus, keyboard + mouse whups a controller, any day.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug