PaulNM on 2 Oct 2013 00:03:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Difficulty Sending Email Through Verizon

On 10/01/2013 10:07 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> All my outgoing email goes through Verizon.  I also happen to forward
> all the mail that comes in to a Gmail account for easier access, which
> means that I end up sending quite a bit of mail (list subscriptions,
> etc).  It all goes to myself, so no risk of spam complaints/etc.

Just so we're clear, you have a Verizon account (and possibly others),
where you forward all mail it/they get to a gmail account?

I would avoid dealing with Verizon at all. You can configure GMail to
pull from other accounts directly.  Currently those settings are at:
Gear Icon on upper right -> Settings -> "Accounts" tab.

It uses POP, and can automatically apply some actions on a per-account
basis (like adding labels to incoming messages).

Another idea is rather than having postfix forward the messages, dump
them to a local folder.  You could have GMail pull from that, or have a
script connect to GMail through IMAP and automatically sync/copy the
local directory over. You message isn't clear on whether Postfix is
running on an always-on server, or a sporadically active laptop/desktop.

If you're running Thunderbird or other mail clients, you could setup
filters/rules to copy or move via IMAP.

-PaulNM