Walt Mankowski on 16 Oct 2013 12:53:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Plug Social

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 02:02:26AM -0400, Fred Stluka wrote:
> On 10/15/13 6:07 PM, Steve Shim wrote:
> >Hey I don't know if it's too late to chime in, but Wegman's in KOP
> >is open 24/7 and they have wifi and tables in the Market Cafe.
> Excellent location!  Wegman's rocks as a location for co-working
> and for business meetings.

Really?  Do they have any private rooms, or are we talking about the
tables past the food court and their restaurant?  I can see having
informal meetings over lunch or coffee there, but for an actual
"business meeting" I think I'd want something with more of an office
environment with projectors, whiteboards, doors, etc.

I could see Wegman's working as a place to get together at a few
tables with some beers and food or whatever and talk about geek stuff
for a while.  However I'm having a hard time seeing how we could do
anything like lightning talks there.  Do you know if they have power
outlets back where the tables are?  Would we be disturbing the other
diners there?

Walt