Lee H. Marzke on 19 Nov 2013 21:07:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast, Cable Cards, Antenna, and HD-Homerun Experiences?

I use a DB8 [1] Bow tie with amplifier on my second floor balcony.   My
issue is that I don't have line of sight and have to go through 6 other
unit in my townhouse row.    Still I get KYW-3, WHYY 12, NBC10, Fox29, MIND 35

This is rated for Channels 14-69, 30deg beamwidth,  peak 15.8 dB antenna gain and 15db
gain in the pre-amp.   It works somewhat on ch 12,  but not lower.

The only station I don't get is 6 which is VHF.   12 WHYY comes in fine
most of the time with this Antenna.   KYW3 is actually on UHF.

Note that I get all these stations without rotating in azimuth ( from
collegeville )

Here are some good info:
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/antennas/comparing.html
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ISSUES/erecting_antenna.html