bergman on 1 Feb 2014 05:53:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Software/Hardware Oscilloscope Logic Analyzer

In the message dated: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 07:26:25 -0500,
The pithy ruminations from Casey Bralla on
<[PLUG] Software/Hardware Oscilloscope Logic Analyzer> were:
=> I've been working to debug and I2C interface problem with a Raspberry Pi and a
	[SNIP!]

=>
=> I've done a whole bunch of troubleshooting (checking voltages, continuity,
=> poor wiring, etc).  I've even gone so far as to get a second temperature

Sounds logical. :)

=> What I really want to see is what is happening on the I2C data and clock
=> lines.  My suspicion is that there is something funky going on, and I've read

I wish I was still conversant & comfortable with hardware at that level.

=> So this leads me to desire (need?) a data signal analyzer.  It's been a long
=> time since I owned a 1950's-vintage Oscilloscope, and I just blew my budget by
=> spending an extra $50 on a new Pi, but is there a hardware/software solution
=> out there where I can buy a $50 probe that connects to a USB port?

Hey, for less than $50 you can get a 1950's vintage 'scope:

	http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4312619181.html

I'd guess that you can find a $50 'scope on Craigslist any given week.

Mark

=>
=> Suggestions?  TIA!
=> --
=>
=> Casey Bralla
=>
=> Chief Nerd in Residence
=> The NerdWorld Organisation
=>
=> www.NerdWorld.org

--
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A^2

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40panix.com