Kyle Yankanich on 21 Feb 2014 10:10:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Signing contracts digitally?

Chalk it up to the fact that even a paper contract signed in the presence of a notary and lawyers can also be thrown out probably. Therefore arguing over it not being 100% binding is a moot point.

The question of if a reasonable judge would uphold it as a legally binding contract/signature is the real question. The key word being reasonable. Personally, I think it should be. I wonder if it would work if you used the public key as a fictitous name?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Kyle Yankanich <kyleyankanich@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only really legally binding thing is the decision of a judge, and even
> that's not concrete.

Exactly. If you conduct yourself as if it's binding, and the other
party doesn't consider it binding, and the judge agrees that it's not
binding, what are you going to do? Chalk it up for a learning
experience? :-)