Michael Lazin on 28 Feb 2014 19:03:54 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options & Meeting topics?
- From: Michael Lazin <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options & Meeting topics?
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:58:18 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=jle2Bt4q7mCiQ6x65tGPrlTxb3X3+wUoqD425B45gU0=; b=fOVpHg5fqOK/kBZYInwgB+8gAo4cFzuNuDcW1XRpiV4CQcsG4zthb6WziThPDBOHMu p79QY7GQzGfZGCLxwvi7dE1bEWTPwMtWEi1BWmWGTx0eJAy8gU+WM2SPUBp7i4tgRWQ3 XxaG+zOD16aJ6oa8mjFrciksiClqW5kMaMD5YsSZtc3AhsCq1Y5DvoVzww38HTMLRjcU ST2O9f1p73bbHRmukW4cEuZZknaYmS8Rg2RBbauodUN4IfJ63xycJHxgcEsxzfVCvcx2 kop54b7nvtHhwpyJGikvneK6Iyl00vlqsWV1OPtm9bMxt3oLPKQpfiY1zmnv/TDDIvFY 5gSg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I bought a roku before they had netflix for Android, it's a linux kernel, it was the first linux decive to support netflix. People have figured out how to telnet to it, but that is the extent of the roku hacking I know about. I have amazon, netflix, and hulu plus and spend about 24 dollars a month for all 3. I have free Internet in my apartment building, it's comcast, it's included in the rent, and I have no cable. I find that between netflix, amazon, hulu, and the hundreds of free "channels" on my roku cable is superfluous. I always have something to watch, and I am supporting the Linux community, by using the roku, since it's a linux kernel, and not say, apple tv.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug