Michael Lazin on 28 Feb 2014 19:03:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options & Meeting topics?

I bought a roku before they had netflix for Android, it's a linux kernel, it was the first linux decive to support netflix.  People have figured out how to telnet to it, but that is the extent of the roku hacking I know about.  I have amazon, netflix, and hulu plus and spend about 24 dollars a month for all 3.  I have free Internet in my apartment building, it's comcast, it's included in the rent, and I have no cable.  I find that between netflix, amazon, hulu, and the hundreds of free "channels" on my roku cable is superfluous.  I always have something to watch, and I am supporting the Linux community, by using the roku, since it's a linux kernel, and not say, apple tv.