JP Vossen on 12 Mar 2014 19:10:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to Archive Data for 20 Years?

On 03/12/2014 08:28 PM, Michael Lazin wrote:
I had the atari 800xl with 2 floppy drives and a 300 baud modem,  with an
okimate 10 color printer through high school.

Yup.  Same exact setup, including printer & modem.

I upgraded to a 286 with a 14.4 modem when I went off to college.

Zenith 181 8088 laptop, that I still have and still works. Modem add-on but I don't recall the speed.

When graduated I got a pentium 2.

I got a 386 (DAK Industries "BSR" :) for my last year as my computing work got heavy enough to need it.

I dual booted with slackware and windows 95.  Later I tried redhat 5 and
have been a linux fan ever since.

Same.  I still have the InfoMagic CD sets with Red Hat 4, circa 1995.

Later,
JP