john boris on 13 Mar 2014 15:37:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to Archive Data for 20 Years?

While in my apprenticeship we had a huge Milwaukee Automatic Milling Machine that was run by a Computer that was about 30 feet long. It was in a room behind the machine. They would start the unit up at 7 AM and by 8 AM it would be warm enough for it function. There were two of us in the Machinist Apprentice program (Frankford Arsenal) that were earmarked to work on them and keep them running. Before I could graduate out of the program the Army started to close down the Arsenal and there went my training on computers. But it picked back up 3 years later while working for the US Mint.