Rich Freeman on 18 Apr 2014 09:59:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] two window managers

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Gavin W. Burris <bug@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote:
> On Fri 04/18/14 11:57AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Gavin W. Burris <bug@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> > I am using startx from a consle, no login manager.  That uses
>> > the ~/.xsession script.
>>
>> Go figure...
>>
>> If .xinitrc vs .xsession even is a standard I doubt I could find it
>> and point my finger at it, and I doubt anybody bothers to read it.  :)
>
> Yes, it is confusing.  And correction... startx from the console does use
> the ~/.xinitrc file!  The CentOS 6 display manager use ~/.xsession
> with those extra packages.

Ok, then that was what I would have expected.

On a side note, the one thing this mailing thread did cause me to do
is finally make my /usr/bin/Xorg non-suid.  I've been using KMS for
ages and never bothered to unset the option to have Xorg installed
suid.

Rich