Malcolm on 29 Nov 2014 08:36:43 -0800

Re: [PLUG] (possibly OT) weather tracking

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's given me options to consider.

On 11/29/2014 8:59 AM, Chris Callie wrote:
I have one of these:
www.ebay.com/itm/Weatherwise-Instruments-Solar-Pro-Ambient-Weather-Station-WS-1090-SOLAR-/221595078097

Which are on sale for $100, so might be doable.

tied to a raspberry pi running wviewweather (wviewweather.com

Is that so you don't have to connect to a PC every so often (can't find how long the WS keeps it's history for)?

How difficult was it to mount?

It's only the one spacial point though, and I don't see any way to add additional sensors without buying whole separate kits - then I end up with multiple base stations to pull the data from.