Rich Freeman on 27 Jan 2015 14:51:29 -0800

Re: [PLUG] systemd presentation

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
> So I've been attending North, and have a related question. I have a rather
> decent camera, a tripod, the whole enchilada, and I'd like to set it up at
> the back, at sufficient height to clear everyone, record presentations and
> put them on Youtube for my and the LUG's enjoyment. Do I need to get
> approval from anyone first? I previously recorded school board meetings, and
> while the meeting itself and the presenters and officials were considered
> informed participants, non-presenting audience members were not, and if they
> were identifiable in the recording, had to be blurred out or sign a waiver.

I say that if you're willing you should do it.

I'd just announce it at the start of the meeting and limit it to the
presentation part of the meeting.  We're a fairly friendly bunch, so
if anybody has objections they should feel free to make them known.
We could blur faces or whatever if necessary, but for the most part
you're probably going to be seeing backs of heads other than the
speaker.

North is probably ideal for this since the speaker is set up next to
the screen, which makes it easier to capture everything without
resorting to capturing monitor output at the same time.

--
Rich