Keith C. Perry on 27 Jan 2015 14:49:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] systemd presentation

I think most presenters would be cool with being recorded but I guess the polite thing to do is ask first.  The last video was posted to the G+ page so I didn't bother with trying to do a YouTube channel.  I try to make all the meeting and plan on recording with my phone on a stand but certainly a tripod for North and West would work best.  At Central we're in lecture hall so a table top recording would most likely be unobstructed.

If I don't make a meeting, I would say contact me or Chad Water and we'll at least get your video's up on the G+ page (which is public so anyone can view- you don't have to be on G+).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Rich Mingin (PLUG)" <plug@frags.us>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:22:11 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] systemd presentation

So I've been attending North, and have a related question. I have a rather decent camera, a tripod, the whole enchilada, and I'd like to set it up at the back, at sufficient height to clear everyone, record presentations and put them on Youtube for my and the LUG's enjoyment. Do I need to get approval from anyone first? I previously recorded school board meetings, and while the meeting itself and the presenters and officials were considered informed participants, non-presenting audience members were not, and if they were identifiable in the recording, had to be blurred out or sign a waiver.
While I doubt we'd need anything like that, I just wanted to make sure there's some sort of official or semi-official approval before offering to record each meeting.

For legal purposes, it might even be wise to have some sort of disclaimer on the meeting location page, or make a periodic mass mailing advising everyone when recording might happen and asking them to not attend or be aware if they have reservations or objections.