Mike on 24 Feb 2015 07:32:48 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Forced FIOS upgrade?
- From: Mike <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Forced FIOS upgrade?
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:31:41 +0000 (UTC)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1424791962; bh=tg0k2Ds9tSamG3ecb/D631kPhWF+zykWVW+TW7xmVrw=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:From:Subject; b=H1si/mtn7h7NKfCLNxQAcqTq8RJN7YwRCmVOZYZnJ3iYqITS7prvF4vdq6csCYD63JRYdo3psv410ikHuuNwEIOCpvAAk+6+NmgisPkCkH9QUWlq+XmR8nswYKibX1Pn5YrA+p1m/AAbQ78Bcb6UCDfzItUA/oZHVtbrcyj+EcFHyGVXHri3NPIYf9+EbFGGmmulOEwctWB4VweE+KNSLQHwjhnVs63eLtuvOkl5SExl6uxg1NwhH0mx6iEeuA+Ocvfkh/Yo4wSSkS4+Xh0bgsG+sXmzj/5GxFqk4dCEgYiZ8aDp/VSq+ALdFLzm6yD6GE3w/qRJGfE52ike6WUnhg==
- Reply-to: Mike <email@example.com>, Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
Sorry that this is off topic, but I know that you folks know a lot about this :)
mother's Verizon landline is currently not working. I believe that her
current service is POTS, though that may have changed in 2006 when I
had a DSL line installed so that I could stay with her following an
illness. (Am I correct that this is still POTS?)
on Saturday, I plugged a phone into the NID on the back of the house and
got no dialtone. A technician came out on Sunday and confirmed that
the issue is in fact with the line, external to the house.
technician stated that the line needed to be upgraded to FIOS. At
first I agreed to a migration order. But the thought subsequently
occurred to me that they may be using this as an excuse to backdoor her
into a service that she doesn't need - and will cost her more money.
Is there a legitimate reason why they can't restore her existing service?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug