jeff on 23 Mar 2015 15:02:11 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Speaking of programming
- From: jeff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Speaking of programming
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:02:02 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1427148126; bh=o0oTfQ0q0jsPnTwiv0pTEB4CdOIX615SzItIo5MzWTo=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=EZcACO6CYAJApxp3PggaTqQK1aQt+lmz/M2ZPsewrU1Hjlo2DFcaFFGksk2srPZe1 B5W36m1T3RO0MwgpLSuBGPunq5R/qf+/cSXTy14DtykrR2W2fgYgYge8PhYtyThrDZ 9fgVGfrefkcuxvO/gAMI4qJtijSKzvV8pPA2KbhMCctO5ZSNP25SGwKx84emvtl2dG GRghJf5Kt6lDsH+XOF4GuWhN/2eQZ4dk41v0l4QrPyz3taPTWUXK2vkYZ9JcONdSwZ 8RGuMX8rs/H4UmJjK1QBNWw2+X7fa3Pr9ZAffBBXk8/nzJGFYzZQ5p2+MD6EqjEGC8 +4NqWE1lzC6ww==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.5.0
I've mentioned this before but lately I feel the need for pain.
I need a linux app to control my (radio) scanner(s). There are none.
I cannot program my way out of a paper bag; in fact the paper bag
probably has more skills. Is there a particular language that is
suitable for this and maybe is friendly to people with almost no
programming background? Something that isn't C?
I'm essentially receiving and sending codes over USB and ideally putting
it into an interface that looks kinda like the physical scanner.
I know I'm asking the impossible but when I'm through being a
programmer, I'm going to be a rocket scientist. Or a ballerina.
Something open source.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug