Michael DePaulo on 14 Jun 2015 08:24:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] X2GO vs VNC for Local Remote Desktop

Hi Casey,

I did not use the term "official". However, yes, that is the version
that I am referring to. Ubuntu 14.04 has a very similar version of
x11vnc because Ubuntu pulls from Debian.

TigerVNC is not yet in the Debian repo, that is true. However, you can
download generic builds in tarballs here:
https://bintray.com/artifact/download/tigervnc/stable/tigervnc-Linux-i686-1.4.3.tar.gz
https://bintray.com/artifact/download/tigervnc/stable/tigervnc-Linux-x86_64-1.4.3.tar.gz

As for X2Go, packages.x2go.org has packages you can use. They are very
high quality; Mike Gabriel is both a Debian Developer and an X2Go
developer:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver#debian

Once X2Go finishes modernizing the "nx-libs" codebase, we intend to
re-submit x2goserver for inclusion in Debian.

-Mike