Walt Mankowski on 2 Jul 2015 13:16:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] not entirely off topic, killing a windows process with cron using cygwin

It sounds like you've already worked out how to do this, but I'll add
this anyway.  If you wanted to test if cron works without a cygwin
terminal open, would this work?

1) open Mine Sweeper or Calculator
2) setup a cronjob to run a few minutes in the future and kill the
   thing you started in step 1
3) close cygwin terminal
4) wait and see if it runs and kills the process