Rich Freeman on 12 Aug 2015 14:17:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG North 2015-08-11

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> Thanks to Paden for an interesting talk to Linux Gaming.  There's a lot
> more interesting history there than I was aware of, certainly, and the
> current state is improving as well.  Thanks as well to Rachel and
> Rich(2) for some Linux game play videos.  See the related "Steam
> handles" thread if you game on Steam.

Indeed, thanks for the great presentation.

However, it does make me sad to hear the state of AMD graphics on
Linux.  I tend to not spend a lot on such things and AMD seems to
reign supreme on moderately-priced gear (both GPUs and CPUs, imho).
Are there any ~$120 GPUs where it makes sense to buy from NVidia
instead of AMD, other than for Linux proprietary driver support?

--
Rich