Keith C. Perry on 12 Oct 2015 07:59:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux Foundation Courses

Along these same lines, if you have an idea for a small project for yourself, attempt to do it in a Linux environment.  I find that doing something for yourself in the context of learning something new, tends to work well.

Additionally, so called "side projects" matter.  Whenever, I've interviewed people for technical positions, I've asked about what they are doing outside of their job in their field.  That helps me discern who is about the job and who is about the work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Asseu Rodrigue" <asseurod@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 10:26:11 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Linux Foundation Courses

I think one way will be to volunteer in Linux communities and projects. By the way I am myself a newbie in linux and trying to get some experience.

Rodrigue Asseu

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Rutt Smith <ruttsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

So it sounds kinda like my CDL license, I have it, gets me to the interview, but without experience no chance in getting hired. Which brings me to a second question, how do you obtain credible experience?