Josh Zenker on 28 Dec 2015 14:24:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Off-topic Rant: Don't Buy Brother Products!

On Dec 28, 2015 5:09 PM, "JP Vossen" <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

> Short: I like the MFC-9840CDW unit I have:  it has lasted, does
> everything (including duplexing), and the scanner works over Ethernet on
> Linux with XSane and gscan2pdf.  On the other hand Linux support (which
> was a reason I bought it) has been very hit-or-miss and seems to have
> declined, and the only printer drivers that work reliably for me are
> 32-bit only proprietary.

It's a shame because Brother's Linux support used to be the best. In recent years, with newer driver versions, I've noticed that certain documents take forever to spool or print, as you described. I'll have to give the 32-bit drivers a try.