Paul Walker on 15 Jan 2016 10:51:52 -0800

[PLUG] On the topic of encryption

I like Vice - it seems like they are one of the few news agencies doing real investigative journalism.

This vice news video describes the use of IMSI Catchers by law enforcement and beyond, including Vice's own (spoiler alert) successful attempt to arrange the purchase of one such device.

https://news.vice.com/video/phone-hackers-britains-secret-surveillance

Which brings me to the topic of encryption. How much information, given current encryption practices, is such an exploit likely to garner? I would hope that much of the relevant information would be encrypted and therefore of little use.