Michael Leone on 20 May 2016 14:23:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for help with Chrome on lubuntu 14.04 trusty i386

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2016 16:01:07 -0400
Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:

> I never understood why it's only Linux lists that like insulting other
> OSes. I'm on a couple Windows lists for work, and I never see any
> similar remarks about other OSes, Linux or otherwise.

Here are some reasons:

Windows comes from a vendor that has repeatedly tried to destroy the
GNU/Linux OS I use every day.

Certainly not since Satya Nadello has been CEO, which is 2 years ago now.
And they couldn't have been very effective in all the years they were trying, as Linux is more widespread than ever.

From calls on congress to make GPL
illegal, to namecalling, to inserting booby traps into their code so it
couldn't interact with their competitors' software, and pissed all over
our nation's antitrust law. Predatory and extreme use of our nation's
copyright law.

Frankly, I've never understood why *everyone* doesn't say bad things
about Microsoft and the products they offer.

Part of your argument is that namecalling is bad when MS does it, and not bad when others do it?

OK ...

As I said, let's stop pointing out flaws and failings of other OSes. It doesn't gain anyone anything.