Steve Litt on 20 May 2016 13:20:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for help with Chrome on lubuntu 14.04 trusty i386

On Thu, 19 May 2016 16:01:07 -0400
Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:

> I never understood why it's only Linux lists that like insulting other
> OSes. I'm on a couple Windows lists for work, and I never see any
> similar remarks about other OSes, Linux or otherwise.

Here are some reasons:

* http://www.catb.org/esr/halloween/

* http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/06/02/ballmer_linux_is_a_cancer/

* http://www.geek.com/news/ms-exec-says-open-source-is-bad-544437/

* http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/07/30/mundie_open_source_isnt/

* http://www.cnet.com/news/judge-microsoft-must-be-broken-in-two/

* http://www.cnet.com/news/rockin-on-without-microsoft/

Windows comes from a vendor that has repeatedly tried to destroy the
GNU/Linux OS I use every day. From calls on congress to make GPL
illegal, to namecalling, to inserting booby traps into their code so it
couldn't interact with their competitors' software, and pissed all over
our nation's antitrust law. Predatory and extreme use of our nation's
copyright law.

Frankly, I've never understood why *everyone* doesn't say bad things
about Microsoft and the products they offer.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21