Stephen R Guglielmo on 29 Aug 2016 10:52:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BIOS Troubles

I'll try the bootable CD tonight. But the problem is, the only optical drive I have is external and uses USB itself. Since it gives me a blank screen even with SATA disks are connected, I have my doubts as to if that will work.

About the spam: Very odd. This is hosted email by protonmail (I only control the DNS records). I'm passing all the checks from check-auth@verifier.port25.com

SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: neutral
DKIM check: pass
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PLUG] BIOS Troubles
Local Time: August 29, 2016 1:42 PM
UTC Time: August 29, 2016 5:42 PM
From: plug@frags.us
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org

I'm going to add a vote to the "boot without USB and insert it at prompt" suggestion.

Also, after having this email pointed out, I also found it in spam. Seems you're not passing the SPF checks specified by guglielmo.us. Local mail client trying to send directly?

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:30:21 -0400
Stephen R Guglielmo <srg@guglielmo.us> wrote:

> I really don't want to RMA it (I don't even know if it's still under
> warranty?) but I've really given it some effort and I've tried all
> the tips given in the documentation provided by Asus to no avail.
> Does anyone have any tips? Maybe throwing it out the window?

Make a bootable CD with the same files as your bootable thumb drive,
and boot from the CD. Either that will get you past this, or it will
give you the needed information that it's probably not about the thumb
drive, it's probably about what's *on* the thumb drive.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
  Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr