Will on 13 Nov 2016 19:12:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Call for a PLUG CENTRAL speaker for December

Gary,

I did misread the intentions. As far as cross posting, PLUG's meetings are open to the public. PLUG Central particularly has as more than ample seating for whomever decides to show up. If talk gets cross posted or not, we don't really care either way because we are nearly 100% open (any percentage we aren't is attributed to laziness or absentmindedness). What does bother me is that I've had talks with Philly PUG members in the past is they try use any mention of Python to advertise for PhillyPUG... then they never show up to the talk and just promote PhillyPUG. Seeing how I myself and Anthony are also member's of PhillyPUG, we'll look for any message decided to be sent out. However, I'm judging you if you recommend the talk and don't show up yourself.  Especially because we have free parking.

As far as I'm concerned, DO post are talks anywhere where because we are open to the public and our membership policy is... uhm... I don't think we really have one. But if you say you're a member we won't disagree in any capacity unless you've been banned from the mailing list or IRC (which combined equals to 1 person in the last 6 years to the best of my knowledge).  We only might mind about talks getting posted if people show up if we have food and we have not planned for the additional people (has not happened recently at PLUG Central). Please inform people that the chances for food and beer afterwards are extremely high.

I apologize for any sensitivity on the subject of cross posting. I have seen some groups in the Philly Tech scene are too busy trying to poaching members, speakers, and then get inundated with with recruiters. I really don't want to see that echo'd with this group.

-Will C